2016 was a slower blogging year for me. A summer internship and the fact that Junior year got crazy busy kept me away from kitchen and keyboard. We still managed to have a yummy year though!
So what did y’all like this year?
It was a very macaron year. Here’s what you viewed the most:
- Vanilla Bean Macarons – I’m with you on this one. Surprisingly basic … I mean it is vanilla… but so simply delicious. This post was viewed 8 times as much as the runner up which was the Raspberry Lemon Curd Macarons… so y’all really liked these! They were also the most viewed in 2015.
- Raspberry Lemon Curd Macarons – These are one of my favorite non-chocolate desserts. Sweet from the raspberries and tangy from the lemon! Delish!
- Lemon Curd Macarons – These were in the top 5 last year as well. Similar to the Raspberry Lemon Curd Macarons but the lemon shines alone in this cookie!
- Baklava – This recipe has been a repeat recipe since I started baking. I don’t know why it took me so long to post. Buttery, flaky with the sweet walnut filling and the honey glaze.
- Funfetti Fudge – This fudge is a party! Doesn’t it just bring a smile to your face? It’s just so happy looking! And you get both white and milk chocolate fudge!
You have your favorites and I agree with you on most of them, but I’d like to add a couple of my own!
Classic Cheesecake – This cheesecake looks like just another average, store-bought cheesecake that gets the job done but isn’t anything special. But it is so much more than that … it’s creamy and fluffy and oh-so rich from its ricotta and mascarpone based filling. If you want a really special cheesecake, this is the way to go. I’m planning on making a chocolate version at some point this year.
Pretzel Crusted Chocolate Pie – This pie has my heart. It really doesn’t get better than this. You get your chocolate fix from the filling and then completely blown away by the salty pretzel crust. This pie is stick-your-tongue-to-the-plate good and I think my favorite recipe from 2016!
Stay tuned for more YUMMINESS in 2017!